Flamingo nXt

easy rendering for Rhino in Windows

I wonder if you can help. I have been using Flamingo NxT for Rhino (love it) and have been fine with most everything. Now if I try to open a rendered image in the Image Editor that is of any decent size (40 meg plus) I get a "Reading Image File" fault. Says it is trying to read or write protected memory. 
Any thoughts? I've been able to open these just fine on the past.
I'm on a iMac with 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo Intel processor and 4 gb ram with VMWare Fusion 3.1.3. I have 1536kb of the ram and one core dedicated to Windows. 
thanks,  tim

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are not a big fan of large memory footprints on Fusion systems.  There are two potential problems.  One is Fusion, which sounds like you will be switching to Bootcamp.  And the other is a memory limit on 32-bit machines.  The second is hard to access.  In Bootmap will you be running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?

32 bit (XP)

I am partitioning 40 gig to windows (out of 500). Sound good?

This is always a hard call.  Practically, I actually like to see 100 - 120 GB for a Windows partition.  You might be able to get away with 60- 80 GB, but I expect you will want more space over time.

Good, will do. I've been trying to install my XP on my brand new MBP and just found out it doesn't support the drivers-have to go to Windows 7. 

Any thoughts on 64 bit vs. 32 bit?

Onward... and Thanks!

I am a fan of 64-bit Windows 7.  It solves a lot of problems.  As we push forward with Rhino and NXT, 64-bit will be the best platform to have.
I also am having this same problem.  Is there a work around for this?  I have about 50 images that I just let run in the farm to save me some time.  I am running win 7, but only 32 bit due to rhino 4.  Any ideas on how to resolv this?
Attachments:

Can you send us the file(s) you are trying to read into the editor?  We will take a look at it.

You can use this link to send it to me at scottd@mcneel.com : 

http://www2.mcneel.com/upload/Upload.aspx

I have the same problem !

I#m also running under windows XP, but my .nxt file is only 22mb. nXtimageeditor crashes using only 650Mb of memory. any idea to open the file ? I just need the material mask before photoshoping.

thanks

Hi Oliver,

The problem I was having related directly to operating software. I run Rhino on a MacBook Pro and I had been using VMWare's Fusion which is similar to Parallels in that they both work with Mac OSX open (allows access to both Mac and Windows at the same time).

I was advised to switch to Bootcamp and the problem immediately stopped and has never returned. Additionally all Rhino/Flamingo NxT operations are much faster.

Best of luck,

tim

RSS

Members

© 2014   Created by Scott Davidson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service