Flamingo nXt

easy rendering for Rhino in Windows

How to render 720 files without clicking on buttons each time

Hi,

I've asked before about the possibilities of scripting or automating Flamingo nXt, and it was clear that the only option was to use Rhino command macros.

I'm looking around the interface, and through the forums, and I'm trying to find some way to automate 720 simple renders. They would all use the same material, view and camera settings, but would of course have different file paths.

How can I designate a file save path using the command line?

How can I create a sequence of renders using command line? Is there a way to designate a command to run as soon as a render finishes? Or a way to send a set of commands that would then be executed in sequence as each is completed?

I'm happy to dive into whatever scripting/macros are necessary, I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any help,

Ben

Views: 1977

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, I figured it out.

Basically, in my script (using python), I use this series of commands to automate a render:

import time
import Rhino
outpath = "C:\\some\\path\\to\\somewhere.png"
Rhino.RhinoApp.RunScript("_-Render", False)
time.sleep(10) # number of seconds to wait
Rhino.RhinoApp.RunScript("_-SaveRenderWindowAs \n\"" + outpath + "\"\n", False)
Rhino.RhinoApp.RunScript("_-CloseRenderWindow", False)

On a related note, how can I ensure that this exports a background alpha layer?

Like this:

_-FlamingoNXtSaveRenderWindowAsIncludeAlpha \n\"" + outpath + "\"\n Yes Enter

Ben -

Here is a Rhinoscript sample for batch render.  

http://wiki.mcneel.com/developer/scriptsamples/batchrender

The Render Farm may be a good solution for you.  Script the command "-FlamingoNXTRenderFarm" to push images off to the render farm.

There are also a series of direct .NET/Python calles withing NXT.  I have attached a number of sample scripts showing various methods to call in NXT. 

If you turn on allow modal rendering, you will not have to have the wait time in the script.  Falmingo will stop the command line until the render is finished.  Go to Flamingo NXT pulldown > Options.

Another option is to use the "FlamingoNXTAutomateRender" command.  With this you can pipe the render command to the Farm.

Attachments:

RSS

Members

© 2020   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service