Flamingo nXt

easy rendering for Rhino in Windows

Anybody else have this problem? It happens with ver. 4 and 5

XP 32bit, 1 gig ram

Radeon X1300/X1550 256 mb, driver ver. 8.593.100.0

>20% drive space free (12 gigs)

I have another system, same specs. except Intel cpu and Flamingo works fine.... 

Views: 114

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's likely not related to AMD-- most of the computers I use for developing the render engine have AMD processors.  If it's an older machine it might be worth making sure it has certain required instruction sets (if so, your machine would be the first one I've encountered).  If you suspect that might be the case, download CPU-Z and send me a screen capture of the first (CPU) tab.  If it's a newer machine, don't bother-- something else is up.

It use to work with the early betas......
Attachments:
Well?...............................................................
Nothing in the CPU report.  Does it happen with all models?

It happens with ver. 4 and 5 of rhino, yes any attempt to render any model 

I have to make a correction its not an ATI video its NVIDIA GS 7800 ver. 280.26 

No clue at the moment.  

I haven't really changed anything, at least not intentionally, but it's remotely possible some SSE2 code has crept into the product at some point.  I don't have a comparable system here to test this theory (and it's only, really, a guess anyway.)  All of my machines, including a fairly old AMD Turion laptop include SSE2 (yours is a rare machine that predates this.)  I'm hesitant to spend a bunch of effort looking for a system to test since I may be totally barking up the wrong tree here.

Is there no good usable info in the error report? Sure is a lot of information. Well XP only has a few Years left and the machine is long in the tooth wouldn't want You to spend any time for something that will be replaced in the near future. Thought it may be an AMD issue.
Nope.  All I can tell from the report is that it's failing in my code and not somewhere in the Flamingo UI.  Nothing else really.  Scott's hunting around for an older machine.  We won't spend a lot of time on it, but if it's something obvious we may be able to get it fixed.  I suspect that if it were truly the SSE issue mentioned we would have seen many more reports.  Your processor was released in December/04.  Not really that old.
Thank You very much, please don't waste too much time on this if no others have reported it, I can always render on My Intel CPU
updated video drivers and installed the latest Flamingo, please see attached image....
Attachments:

RSS

Members

© 2014   Created by Scott Davidson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service