easy rendering for Rhino in Windows
Are there any tutorials on placing a decal on a tv or cpu monitor and keeping the display bright while dimming the room lights? Trying to make a night time atmosphere with just the tv on and one back ground light real low in a room at night with no windows.Thank you in advance.
This is the only tutorial I have for this.
1) Start with a model, where the screen of the TV is a surface.
2) Assign a decal to the screen using 3-point planar.
3) Then I tag the screen as a light source. I highlighted the Tag button in yellow. You can see I set the brightness to 100. The brightness is not critical at this time. Also, I set the channel of the Screen to 3. This is its own channel I will use to edit the brightness later.
4) Next we need the TV to use the colors of the decal to project light. To do this I select the screen and go to object properties. In the Light properties on the object I check the Use Material Color property.
5) Now we render. Let the rendering go for a few passes. Do not get to caught up in the brightness yet. Here is the default I got:
6) After stopping the rendering I go to adjust the image. In this case I increased the channel strength on 3. This makes the TV screen brighter. Then I dropped the strength of channel 0,1,and 2. You can experiment with this. I found that the room overall was too bright, so I use the Brightness under Adjust image to drop down the brightness a bit. You will see this makes the TV look as if it is lighting the room. There is an infinite amount of adjustment you can make here.
7) Then I save out the image to get this:
Does this help?
Thank you so much Scott, I will give it a try.