Flamingo nXt

easy rendering for Rhino in Windows

Follow this short explication I add the message released by Flamingo after the crash. I think it's a particular problem on that PC probably depending by OS (as further information I can say Thea Render crash when Rhino start).

This happen on my second PC: no problem on first. No difference about Rhino version (Version 5.0 - 5.1.2011.607, 07/06/2011) and nXt (Version 3.0.22212.0, 14-Apr-2011);

obviously hardware is different.

Where I can start to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Stefano

Flamingo nXt Render exception  Exception: Eccezione lanciata da un componente esterno.
Stack trace: in CArView.StartRaytracing(CArView* )
in CNativeArView.StartRaytracing(CNativeArView* )
in d: \flamingo3\2703_20110414_1249\v4\src\nxt\arnxttoolkitdotnet\mgd_arview.cpp:riga 107
in ArNxtToolkit.MArView.StartRaytracing()
in d: \flamingo3\2703_20110414_1249\v4\src\nxt\arnxttoolkitdotnet\mgd_arview.cpp:riga 576
in FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtArView.StartRaytracing()
in D: \Flamingo3\2703_20110414_1249\V4\src\nxt\FlamingoNXtArView.cs:riga 130
in FlamingoNXtNet.FlamingoNXtRenderDisplay.StartRendering()
in D: \Flamingo3\2703_20110414_1249\V4\src\nxt\FlamingoNXtRenderDisplay.cs:riga 273
in FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtRenderViewWnd.StartRendering()
in D: \Flamingo3\2703_20110414_1249\V4\src\nxt\FlamingoNXtRenderViewWnd.cs:riga 77
in FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtRenderFrame.StartRendering()
in D: \Flamingo3\2703_20110414_1249\V4\src\nxt\FlamingoNXtRenderFrame.cs:riga 134
in CNativeSdkRenderFrame.StartRendering(CNativeSdkRenderFrame* )
in CRhinoSdkRenderEx.RenderEx(CRhinoSdkRenderEx* , CRhinoCommandContext* , tagSIZE* , Char* , UInt32 )
in CNativeRhinoSdkRenderEx.RenderEx(CNativeRhinoSdkRenderEx* , CRhinoCommandContext* context, tagSIZE* sizeImage, Char* lpsWindowTitle, UInt32 nIDResource)
in RMA.Rhino.MRhinoSdkRender.Render(IRhinoCommandContext context, Size sizeImage, String windowTitle)
in FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtRhinoSdkRender.Render(IRhinoCommandContext context, Size sizeImage, String windowTitle)
in D: \Flamingo3\2703_20110414_1249\V4\src\nxt\FlamingoNXtNetRhinoSdkRender.cs:riga 642
in FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtRhinoSdkRender.FlamingoNXtRender (FlamingoNXtNetPlugIn plugin, IRhinoCommandContext context, Boolean render_preview, MRhinoView render_window_view, Rectangle rect, Boolean bInWindow, CFlamingoNXtRhinoSdkRenderParams& render_params)
in D: \Flamingo3\2703_20110414_1249\V4\src\nxt\FlamingoNXtNetRhinoSdkRender.cs:riga 579

Views: 611

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My bet is that this is a low memory situation.  Are you on a 32-bit operating system?

If this is the case, there is something we can do.  What is the model of?  Does it have repeating elements in it?

If you have repeating elements, make a block of them.  Then duplicate the block.  This will greatly reduce the memory needed.  When using repeated blocks, the memory footprint is only for the single block no matter how many times it is repeated.

yes, 32-bit with 1.5 Gb ram, and

yes, there are some repeated object.

Thank you so much for your hint: I'll let you know how it turned out.

I'm sorry, no way. The badbehaviour still in notwithstanding the nxt update in both Rhino 5 and Rhino 4, with a simply cube on a surf.

I still think it is a problem about the operating system: could be the .NET component? Which is the correct version?

Thanks again.

Stefano

Hello Stefano,

I have been looking into this crash and unfortunately there is not enough information in the exception dump to figure this out.  I added some code to hopefully provide more detailed information, the new build should be available this afternoon.

thank you very much. So I'll have time to experience in the weekend.

small addiction
Attachments:

Mine's crashing too - running a 64-bit version in Rhino 5 on Windows 7.

It's just started happening after the latest update from Rhino 5.0 WIP

Any suggestions?

Yes, it seems that Rhino 5 has changed in the last build. To fix this, please install http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26347

We are working on a new Rhino 5.0 build that will go out today and will resolve this.

finally I formatted my c: unit and reinstalled Windows and Rhino 4 and dot net 2.0 and dot net 4.0 and rhino 5 BUT nothing changed: I can't use nXt with Rhino 4 and Rhino 5 neither. That's the content of file on desktop

Flamingo nXt Render exception

Exception: Eccezione lanciata da un componente esterno.

Stack trace:
   in CArView.StartRaytracing(CArView* )
   in CNativeArView.StartRaytracing(CNativeArView* ) in d:\flamingo3\integration\v4\src\nxt\arnxttoolkitdotnet\mgd_arview.cpp:riga 107
   in ArNxtToolkit.MArView.StartRaytracing() in d:\flamingo3\integration\v4\src\nxt\arnxttoolkitdotnet\mgd_arview.cpp:riga 596
   in FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtArView.StartRaytracing() in D:\Flamingo3\integration\V4\src\nXt\FlamingoNXtArView.cs:riga 141
   in FlamingoNXtNet.FlamingoNXtRenderDisplay.StartRendering() in D:\Flamingo3\integration\V4\src\nXt\FlamingoNXtRenderDisplay.cs:riga 315
   in FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtRenderViewWnd.StartRendering() in D:\Flamingo3\integration\V4\src\nXt\FlamingoNXtRenderViewWnd.cs:riga 77
   in FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtRenderFrame.StartRendering() in D:\Flamingo3\integration\V4\src\nXt\FlamingoNXtRenderFrame.cs:riga 149
   in CNativeSdkRenderFrame.StartRendering(CNativeSdkRenderFrame* )
   in CRhinoSdkRenderEx.RenderEx(CRhinoSdkRenderEx* , CRhinoCommandContext* , tagSIZE* , Char* , UInt32 )
   in CNativeRhinoSdkRenderEx.RenderEx(CNativeRhinoSdkRenderEx* , CRhinoCommandContext* context, tagSIZE* sizeImage, Char* lpsWindowTitle, UInt32 nIDResource)
   in RMA.Rhino.MRhinoSdkRender.Render(IRhinoCommandContext context, Size sizeImage, String windowTitle)
   in FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtRhinoSdkRender.Render(IRhinoCommandContext context, Size sizeImage, String windowTitle) in D:\Flamingo3\integration\V4\src\nXt\FlamingoNXtNetRhinoSdkRender.cs:riga 662
   in FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtRhinoSdkRender.FlamingoNXtRender(FlamingoNXtNetPlugIn plugin, IRhinoCommandContext context, Boolean render_preview, MRhinoView render_window_view, Rectangle rect, Boolean bInWindow, CFlamingoNXtRhinoSdkRenderParams& render_params) in D:\Flamingo3\integration\V4\src\nXt\FlamingoNXtNetRhinoSdkRender.cs:riga 599

Reading that, one thing left me a little bit ashonished: I have NOT a d: unit. Why the path D:\Flamingo3\ appear in the error message?

Could you suggest a clue I can start to?

Hi,

I get the same kind of error with Rhyno 4 RS9 and the latest version of nXt (3.1.2011.1213) on WinXp Pro 32bit

I compared Stefano's error with mine and it looks like they differ only for the line numbers..here:

Eccezione rendering Flamingo nXt

Eccezione: External component has thrown an exception.

Analisi dello stack:
at CArView.StartRaytracing(CArView* )
at CNativeArView.StartRaytracing(CNativeArView* ) in d:\flamingo3\integration\v4\src\nxt\arnxttoolkitdotnet\mgd_arview.cpp:line 111
at ArNxtToolkit.MArView.StartRaytracing(Boolean inScriptMode) in d:\flamingo3\integration\v4\src\nxt\arnxttoolkitdotnet\mgd_arview.cpp:line 604
at FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtArView.StartRaytracing(Boolean inScriptMode) in D:\Flamingo3\integration\V4\src\nXt\FlamingoNXtArView.cs:line 154
at FlamingoNXtNet.FlamingoNXtRenderWindowDisplayConduit.StartRenderingInWindow(MRhinoView view, Rectangle rect) in D:\Flamingo3\integration\V4\src\nXt\FlamingoNXtNetRhinoSdkRender.cs:line 1731
at FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtRhinoSdkRender.StartRenderingInWindow(MRhinoView view, Rectangle rect) in D:\Flamingo3\integration\V4\src\nXt\FlamingoNXtNetRhinoSdkRender.cs:line 1146
at CNativeRhinoSdkRenderEx.StartRenderingInWindow(CNativeRhinoSdkRenderEx* , CRhinoView* view, tagRECT* rect)
at CRhinoSdkRenderEx.RenderWindowEx(CRhinoSdkRenderEx* , CRhinoCommandContext* , CRhinoView* , tagRECT* , Boolean )
at CNativeRhinoSdkRenderEx.RenderWindowEx(CNativeRhinoSdkRenderEx* , CRhinoCommandContext* context, CRhinoView* view, tagRECT* rect, Boolean bRenderInWindow)
at RMA.Rhino.MRhinoSdkRender.RenderWindow(IRhinoCommandContext context, MRhinoView view, Rectangle rect, Boolean bRenderInWindow)
at FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtRhinoSdkRender.RenderWindow(IRhinoCommandContext context, MRhinoView view, Rectangle rect, Boolean bRenderInWindow) in D:\Flamingo3\integration\V4\src\nXt\FlamingoNXtNetRhinoSdkRender.cs:line 714
at FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtRhinoSdkRender.Render(IRhinoCommandContext context, Size sizeImage, String windowTitle) in D:\Flamingo3\integration\V4\src\nXt\FlamingoNXtNetRhinoSdkRender.cs:line 673
at FlamingoNXtNet.CFlamingoNXtRhinoSdkRender.FlamingoNXtRender(FlamingoNXtNetPlugIn plugin, IRhinoCommandContext context, Boolean render_preview, MRhinoView render_window_view, Rectangle rect, Boolean bInWindow, CFlamingoNXtRhinoSdkRenderParams& render_params) in D:\Flamingo3\integration\V4\src\nXt\FlamingoNXtNetRhinoSdkRender.cs:line 615

I've been using nXt beta versions since the very beginning with great results! and I've never encountered such errors..any news on that?

thanks

Michele

RSS

Members

© 2019   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service